Upgrade of firmware of 410WS - Went OK
Trebacz last edited by
I received the email today about new firmware for the 410WS. I was happy to see that they added the capability for the camera to push jpg's only (not both jpg and mp4 as before). This would save me network bandwidth and space on my ftp server. Following the documentation and learnings from the last upgrade here is the process I followed:
- Download both new desktop and firmware.
- Unzip the new firmware.
- Upgrade Windows desktop software and login to the camera.
- Make a note of all custom settings in the camera.
- Navigate to the maintenance window, check the clear configuration box and upload the new firmware (all settings will be cleared and admin password reset).
- After the camera reboots close and reopen desktop software (since the admin password changed). I was still connected to the camera, but couldn't save anything.
- Login to camera with reset "blank" password.
- Reformat the SD card.
- Change the admin password for better security.
- Close and reopen desktop software (since the admin password changed). I was still connected to the camera, but couldn't save anything.
- Modify and save settings back to what you had and set the new ones.
This should not be this difficult, but seems to be the recommended procedure looking at the release notes and my practical experience. Using this procedure everything went well, but long term there needs to be a way to retain settings from upgrade to upgrade and not have to reformat the SD card.
If it is simpler than this I hope someone from Reolink can chime in and save other customers some work.
I have 4 cameras, but only one Reolink. This process keeps me from updating all the rest. That said, the camera has a great feature set. I do pitty the folks with 12+ cameras to update...
Anonymous last edited by
I'm one of those you can pity with 12 cameras mixed between direct connection to the NVR and others not. The nice thing at this time is that all my cameras are the same model. I did do the upgrade today for the image upload and even without the SD card, it is not a very easy upgrade. I had to reconfigure all the motion activity and all the other custom options for each of the cameras. The NVR was not as bad as I could export the config and import it afterwards; again this does not keep the camera config details. I know Reolink is working on that part in a future upgrade.
I do look forward to them allowing an NVR attached camera to do an "image only" FTP upload as directly connected devices are not accessible except via the NVR box itself. I did see that the NVR firmware was not updated to the newest version at this time, but hope it will be soon. This is one feature I've waited for for a long time.
Glad your update went well.