My rewiew of Reolink Argus - hoping it will help someone :-)
Anonymous last edited by
I bought this camera to test if it really meets the expectations I had on it after reading about it and watching the promotion videos. And I'd say it actually does.
First I must say that it was shipped in just a couple of days from Spain to my home in Sweden. Nice.
- The package included the camera, a really handy magnetic base for quick replacement of the camera, one outdoor security mount, 4 batteries, a reset needle which I hope I will never need ;-), only one single surveillance sticker (should have been at least three or four in my opinion), a mount hole template (really handy!), screws and a stick for opening the battery case in a safe way so you won't break it.
- Thanks to the quick start guide, it was really easy to install the camera (after it became clear to me that the camera only operates with WiFi 2.4 GHz...)
- I set it up to e-mail all family members currently living here, and in the 8 weeks we have been using it it has never failed reporting movement outside on our backyard.
The app of course also warns whenever the camera has detected movement. Really nice.
- The quality of the video clips is quite good, even at night.
Now for the bad stuff - what product has no bad stuff?
- The batteries needs to be replaced very soon, and that means that I would have to replace the batteries four times a year, which will be quite annoying actually. Especially since I have ordered a second Argus :-), so it will be some heavy battery consumption here...
- It is really hard to download the video clips of your choice, because the app has a really funny and difficult user interface when it comes to finding the video clips on a weird timeline. Not intuitive at all in my opinion, and actually hard to use even when you know how it works. This needs to be fixed.