How to fully uninstall and reinstall Mac client?
I hit a bug changing client settings which caused my Mac client to hang (beachball), requiring force quit. It would consistently hang on relaunch so I uninstalled by deleting from Applications folder. After reinstalling, the problem persisted.
After uninstalling again, I removed all Reolink references from my ~/Library folder and installed 126.96.36.199. Same problem; the client window opens and beachballs.
Please advise how I can get the client running again.
What version of Mac OS are you running and what hardware, if you do not mind sharing? These are the only places I have found settings or preferences for this client. You would want to delete it from the applications folder, as you had done previously, and try these other folders to delete some of the other setting that are in a few other places?
Maybe try to remove the following also: NOTE: xxx below is replaced with your user's login account
/Users/xxx/LIBRARY/Containers/com.reolink.client (This has preferences, etc. in it)
I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5 on a MacPro3,1 dual quad Xeon. Thank you for posting those other folders; I didn't find anything there, but that's exactly the kind of information I was hoping for.
Hi, Please kindly delete the folder: /Library/Application Support/Reolink Client to check.
If it still doesn't work, please kindly send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they would help you to solve it.
I tried to email you, but your email server bounced my message with an "550 Ip frequency limited" error.
Anyway, I’ve deleted the specified Library folders, rebooted, and did a fresh install. Still, the client beachballs immediately after opening.
My console shows the following:<
10/13/16 9:05:10.841 PM Reolink Client: Motion view OpenGL shader init ....
10/13/16 9:05:10.851 PM Reolink Client: Shelter view OpenGL shader init ....
10/13/16 9:05:11.059 PM Reolink Client: Failed to connect (delegate) outlet from (SectionDocumentView) to (SectionView): missing setter or instance variable
10/13/16 9:05:12.213 PM WindowServer: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "Reolink Client" for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.
10/13/16 9:05:26.215 PM WindowServer: disable_update_likely_unbalanced: UI updates still disabled by application "Reolink Client" after 15.00 seconds (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds). Likely an unbalanced disableUpdate call.
10/13/16 9:06:50.000 PM kernel: process Reolink Client thread 2880295 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback
Kindly let me know what else I can try.
I just installed client 3.3.10 over 2.2.8. Happy to report no problems.