which reolink product to choose?
petr match last edited by
to monitor a cottage in remote rural area, the internet connection is 4G and so limited/expensive.
The ideal cameras should be able to
- store records locally (either on SD or to NVR)
- but should be able to access LIVE view from cloud and trigger alarms, bidirectional speak etc.
1) it is possible to see Live camera stream from the cloud? Do I need Reolink cloud subscription for that? In Reolink Windows software there is no such option like pairing the software with cloud ID
2) if cloud access to live stream is possible, is the network traffic between camera and cloud pernament, or on-demand only?
3) can Reolink system be built with mixed power cameras - solar powered Argus Eco AND poe powered RLK8-410B4?
4) do I need Reolink NVR for that or this NVR can be replaced with any laptop PC with Reolink software?
Thanks with helping me with the answers and overall architecture.
Carl last edited by
Per your requirements, I suggest you consider the Argus 2 which can record to SD card and work with the cloud. But you need to connect it to the WiFi, otherwise, you will not access it via Reolink software remotely. Here are the answers to your questions:
1. The cloud service is available in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand now. And you need to bind your device to the cloud via Reolink App. Refer to Create a Cloud Account and Bind Cameras to the Cloud Plan via Reolink App.
2. The videos will upload to the cloud via the internet, you can view the videos on Reolink App or download the videos to your phone.
3. Sorry to tell that the battery-powered camera can't work with the NVR, it also can't record continuously, it will record when motion is detected.