Some feedback for Reolink
hoohoo679 last edited by
I've been using a number of Reolink E1 Pro cameras for a couple of weeks, here are some of the pros and cons from my experience.
- Nice looking camera; neat, compact and is easily hidden.
- Easy to configure and use using the mobile app.
- Good value for money in terms of the specifications of the hardware, i.e. 4MP sensor, 2x2MIMO, Dual-band Wi-Fi support.
The hardware and specifications are really the best thing about this camera.
- Can be accessed on the local network via the app or PC software without the need to access the P2P network. This is a huge plus for those that are security conscious.
- Motion detection is very basic and will use pixel changes between frames to detect motion. This will result in a lot of
false notifications, e.g. a moth flying in front of the camera will trigger it.
- No privacy feature to deactivate, hide or obscure the camera lens for peace of mind.
- It uses a narrow barrel connector power cord instead of a more standard micro-USB power cable.
- No wired LAN connectivity - I would have preferred to have this rather than the 5GHz Wi-Fi support.
Overall I feel that this is a great camera hardware-wise, but it's let down by the current firmware and/or software support.
The camera really needs to have human detection / smart AI as an option over and above basic pixel change motion detection. Even the automatic switching on/off of the IR LEDs will trigger a motion detection event; this should just not happen.
Hopefully these issues will be addressed as the firmware and software matures, but for now I've decided to return the E1 Pro's that I purchased.
Cynthia last edited by
Thank you very much for your suggestion, we will forward to our R&D team.
They'll see whether we receive similar feedback and put it into schedule. It will take time to evaluate the request and to implement it.
We are working on making the motion detection smarter and intergreted with AI now, you may subscribe our emails to get the news: https://reolink.us13.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=c0cb1c1b65426a6d9b3609705&id=a9bc53daec.