Expert advice needed
fpolodc last edited by
Set-up Recommendation needed please for a new semi detached 4 story row-house.
The details are as follows
Do not know wifi reliability or how quickly Xfinity will give install appt
Do not know if the area prone to frequent power outages
Need to secure the property in advance of internet service (Construction material storage)
Property is semi detached (one property on the right) ((Easy to leap from neighbor porch roof to mine))
30 foot wide x 140 ft long lot.
Existing 6 ft tall PVC fence surrounding 90 ft long x 30 ft wide back yard.
There is an alley off the backyard (would like a floodlight/camera there, need to cover 30 ft + foot distance from corners)
Will install 36 in tall, no dig decorative fencing surrounding 30 ft long x 30 ft wide front yard
The side that is not attached to another is relatively shaded. ((Want to avoid solar cameras)
I want perimeter protection first and foremost.
I intend to have UPS backup (CyberPower-CP1500AVRLCD)
I do not intend to have a phone line (unless required by a security monitoring co to)
I am not concerned about indoors (but perhaps should be)
If I want the security cameras installed before wifi installed am I limited to analog only?
Which is the recommended camera setup for outdoors?
What is the recommended setup for indoors?
What is the recommended floodlight/camera setup to cover 30 ft back fence backing into alley and the 10ft distance from both corners if someone tries to jump over the fence (I guess for 50 ft coverage)?
Separate from camera question, should I also pay for professional monitoring or is perimeter coverage sufficient?
Is there monitoring companies that provide full perimeter coverage as well as door intrusion+ window breakage?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
If you don't have the Internet right now, you can try to buy a router to create the local network. But the functions will be limited if you connect the camera without the Internet.
For the PoE camera/NVR:
For the WiFi camera:
Note: WiFi connected but no Internet means your camera is connected to the WiFi router but the router has no access to the Internet; No WiFi/WiFi disconnected means your camera is not connected to any WiFi or the WiFi is disconnected.
- You can buy the NVR system. The NVR system doesn't need the outside internet to have view and playback. But you need to connect the NVR to a monitor.
- For the PoE outdoor camera, you can look at RLC-823A, an 8MP PTZ camera with person/vehicle detection, motion spotlight and auto-tracking.
- For the WiFi outdoor camera, you can look at RLC-523WA, a 5MP PTZ camera with person/vehicle detection, motion spotlight and auto-tracking.
- For the indoor WiFi camera, you can look at E1 Zoom, a 5MP indoor PTZ camera with 3X optical zoom.
- You have mentioned that you would like to avoid the solar camera. But if you want to have a remote view of the camera, you can also look at a 4G solar camera. You can look at GO Plus, a 4G camera with person/vehicle detection. https://reolink.com/us/product/reolink-go-plus/