Practical improvements NVR and mobile app
Anonymous last edited by Anonymous 7433
I'm very happy with the RLN8-410 (Hard.: v2) NVR and the improvements that the guys from Reolink are making.
For this reason, I would like to suggest some improvements that I believe are necessary for improving user experience. There are just practical rather than fancy improvements.
Thank you very much.
Looking forward for your next firmware and application update.
- Push notifications are not informing the time of motion. In case of having mobile off or no internet coverage, the time of the notification is the time when it is received in the mobile but the user does NOT know when it really happened.
- Missing an event and notification log (history of events and notifications). Solution: This list or log could be saved in the NVR and be accessible from the mobile, or just in the mobile.
- There is not an icon showing which SCENE mode has been selected the last time. The user can forget or wanted to double check which SCENE mode has been selected. The selected ICON could have a different colour or a circle around it.
- SCENE mode only allows to change the setting for the whole NVR (all camara connected to the NVR will have the same settings). Solution: It should have the option to change the settings for each camera connected to the NVR for each scene. ISSUE EXAMPLE: I want to receive push notifications from one camera at a certain time in all SCENE modes (one hour set on the NVR every day of the week for that camara) but I want to receive or not notifications from the other cameras connected to the same NVR depending of the SCENE mode selected on the mobile (push notifications enabled 24/7 for all the other cameras on the NVR).
- SECURITY: I don't know how many external devices are linked to my NVR. It should be possible to log them out from the NVR (similar as WhatsApp and Telegram applications are doing).
- SECURITY: Warning push notification message on the mobile if the mobile application has tried to reach the NVR unsuccessfully a certain number of times while the mobile has internet access.
- Playback mode: watching time and zoom time should not be changed by adding or removing cameras. There is a loss of watching time when adding a new camera, as the timeline goes back to 00:00:00. Also, it happens for few seconds when removing a camera. The system should keep the watching time even adding or removing new cameras while the playback mode is open instead of going back to 00:00:00 every time.
- Playback mode: watching time should not be changed when changing the alarm selection or ticking one of the alarm options (any motion, person, or vehicle). The timeline goes back to 00:00:00 for few seconds every time one of the alarm options is changed, therefore slowing down the visualization.
@anonymous-7433 Thank you for your suggestions! That will be helpful to us. I will try to transfer your request to the product team.