continuous recording or motion detection (is there a delay?)
I search a reolink for a small pub.
I want to record every person how comes through the door.
(And i have only Linux on my computer, but an android smartphone)
I am not sure if i need a security system (RLK4-210WB2 ?)
or if a single Camera is enough.
I want to store the videos for 24h. SD Card on the camera is fine for storing, but i want to take a look on it from my Computer.
My detailed Questions are:
- Is continuous recording possible with a single camera, does it last for 24h?
- Is motion detection recording fast enough even if the doors goes exactly when the last video stops?
- Do i have to expect any problems with configuring the camera with linux or android?
Bob last edited by
Here are some points:
1. Standalone cameras or single cameras cannot do continuous recordings. So for constant recording, you need a NVR system.
2. Our usable platform includes Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS. Linux is not among them.
3. Since you want the cameras to record constantly, you need not worry about motion recording. As motion parts will be marked and easily seen.
4. As to configuration, there is not much to do. Basically, you don't need to configure anything with RLK4-210WB4. If you do, you can use your phone or monitor plugged into the NVR. So it's not a issue.
Thanks for your fast reply.
I understood that continuous recording could be useful for me.
But i am still not understand clearly if Motion Detection Recording could fit for me as well.
- When I put a single camera with motion detection recording in Front of the Door, could it still be able to make a video of every persons who come through that door ? Or would there be a delay between two events so that i dont cover every person
I already read that there is no linux client, but i understood that its possible to see the recorded videos through a browser as well. Is that right ?
Bob last edited by
There will be pre-record and post-record. So little chance that there will be events missing.
To see the recorded videos through a browser, IE browser is supported - https://reolink.com/faq/access-reolink-nvr-via-ie-browser-lan/
Thanks for reply.
just to bee sure:
The the nvr is only accessible through IE, which means it doesn't help me very much.
(i still only have a notebook with linux and will never use any other OS, if configuration is only possible from an android phone thats fine for me, but i need access to the videos through my notebook)
but the single cameras sd card are accessible through all browsers
(https://reolink.com/faq/browsers-can-you-use-to-see-videos-captured-by-reolink-cameras/) and i probably see every person who comes through the door with Motion Detection Recording ?
Am I right ?
FongJeng Kum last edited by
If you are considering to record continuously for 24h in a budget way, you may choose to setup your Linux box to become the FTP server and point your camera to it. Make sure to select "normal" in the FTP Configuration page on your camera.
The second thing is to take care of the loop recording. You will need to make sure your recording will loop over when your hard disk is reaching full.
Hope this helps.