Strange time sync behavior
pete last edited by
I have a number of Reolink cameras on my network. My E1 Pro seems to work correctly, but the 810A, 410W, and 511W (all running the latest firmware) do the same thing:
- Reboot the camera.
- Open a video stream to the camera in the Mac app (8.5.2)
- The timestamp in the video is off by about 3 minutes. For example, if the time is 8:05 AM, the camera will show 8:02 AM.
- Open the camera settings. Go to Network Settings -> Advanced -> NTP Settings -> Set Up. The camera is configured for pool . ntp . org (sorry, can't post links) on port 123. Click Synchronize.
- The time in the video stream switches to one hour ahead briefly, then quickly switches back to what it was before I clicked Synchronize. For example, if the time is 8:05 AM and the camera is showing 8:02 AM, when I click Synchronize, the camera switches to 9:05 AM, then quickly jumps back to 8:02 AM.
- Go to System -> Date & Time. It says (GMT-07:00) Mountain Time (US & CA), and that the device time might be incorrect. Click the "Sync client time" option
- The Date & Time panel now shows (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & CA), along with the correct time. However, the time on the video stream is now one hour and 3 minutes early. For example, if the time in the Date & Time UI is 8:05 AM, the timestamp on the video stream will be 7:02 AM.
I can't figure out how to get the correct time on to my cameras. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Do you connect the cameras to the Internet? Are your cameras connected to the NVR or working as standalone cameras?
You can try to reset the cameras and see if they can work, https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003516613-How-to-Reset-Bullet-or-Dome-Cameras.
pete last edited by
I had not thought about the NVR aspect. All the cameras that were having the problem were connected to the NVR. The one camera that had the correct time was not connected to the NVR. It looks like the NVR is pushing its date and time settings out to connected cameras. I was able to fix the problem by correcting the time on the NVR. Thanks for your help!
Glad to hear the news! You are most welcome.