RLC-423 vs. RLC-823A questions
Hi! Currently I have RLC-423. The camera itself isn't bad, but lack of built in microphone and weird patrol path system I'm thinking buying RLC-823A to replace it. Before I decide to buy the camera, I do have some questions:
- does it really have built in microphone for audio recording?
- if there's audio recording, what's the range of microphone?
- is patrol system better than on RLC-423 model (does it as well do 360°turn)?
- will it run fine on my RLN8-410 nvr?
- my RLC-423 is powered over POE, will that be enough for 823A?
Are there any pros/cons I should know about comparing the cameras?
RLC-823A is an updated version of the RLC-423.
1. There is a built-in microphone for audio recording in RLC-823A.
2. The RLC-823A has the patrol function too.
3. If your NVR can support the 8MP camera, it can work with the RLC-823A. You can check the hardware version of the NVR and then find if it can support here, https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/900000602543-Hardware-Version-of-Reolink-NVRs.
4. RLC-823A is PoE too.
PoE: IEEE 802.3at, 48V Active
DC Power: DC 12.0V⎓2A, <24W
Others: RLC-823A is with 5X optical zoom, person/vehicle detection, and auto-tracking. You can find more information here, https://reolink.com/nl/product/rlc-823a/.
Or you can try to compare the products on this page, Compare Reolink Security Camera Products - Reolink.
@reolink-fiona thank you for your reply! How do I know if my NVR is supporting 8mp cameras? I checked that list and there's four RLN8-410 same as mine.
Can you also answer if patrol system is same as in RLC-423 (has to make 360 turn) or is it better?
yoco007 last edited by yoco007_164526624891019
This shows when I switch to my NVR
Is it compatible with RLC-823A?
@yoco007_164526624891019 Yes, the patrol will be the same feature as the RLC-423. But we also improve the quality of it.
The NVR with hardware version H3MB16 can work with the RLC-823A.
@reolink-fiona, in patrol mode, does camera need to make 360° turn as does RLC-423? That's my main problem. I don't need 360 angle I just need for camera to move from one position then to next one, and return back. Just so it can cover the front yard, and not back of my house!
I am afraid that the patrol will also turn 360°. It rotates 360 before reach to a preset point is that the camera can correct its cruise calculation only when a full rotation is finished.
You can also try Reolink DUO, which is with 150° horizontal view. But it is not available on our website now. You can know more here, https://reolink.com/product/reolink-duo/.
user_588050944065645 last edited by user_588050944065645_588050944065645