New Client v8.8.1 Available for Download Now: Optimize the Time-Lapse Function
New Client v8.8.1 is available for download now. Download via https://bit.ly/3vxpx9r.
The v8.8.1 will also include the update in Beta Client v8.8.0. We optimized some features and fixed some bugs from the feedback of our beta test. Thank you so much for all the testers and bug hunters!
In the Beta Client v8.8.0, we have added the time-lapse function and hardware decoding first feature to fix some black screen and freeze issues. If you want to know more about these two features, please click the below link to view them.
1. Added video thumbnail on Playback download window.
This is only available with the standalone camera. The NVR will not able to view the thumbnail in the Client because the device can't pull the image from the NVR device.
2. Added new Live View display mode: Vertical two-screen mode.
This can help you view TrackMix in a better display way.
3. Added Lockscreen Password on Client setting: Lockscreen password required when unlocking Client or Client starts.
4. Adapted Reolink's new products.
1. A confirmation window will appear when you close the Download or Client window while downloading the videos. The task will be canceled if you confirm to quit.
2. Optimized the time-lapse video package strategy: Videos generated by the same time-lapse task will be combined into a time-lapse video.
3. Relocate the Fixed Frame Rate setting from the upper to the bottom. The "Default" button won't recover the Fixed Frame Rate setting.
4. Optimize the UI of time-lapse and Wi-Fi configuration.
5. Optimized the lock screen UI and made it more visible.
6. Divided the Audio and Light Setting into two setting pages
7. Stretch mode cannot be used when the ratio is bigger than 16:9.
8. Remove "Battery Cameras Power-Saving Mode" on the Client settings(only available in Beta Client v8.8.0)
1. Fixed the bug that the time-lapse video will fail to delete when the task is finished and no new task.
2. Fixed the bug that the time-lapse video will download failed when the download directory is not in Local C Drive.
3. Fixed the bug that the download progress will flash 100% when upgrading the big time-lapse video.
4. Removed some shortcut buttons that may affect the normal use of the Client.
5. Fixed other known bugs.
Welcome to leave a comment below if you have any questions or feedback.
tedmanr last edited by
Updated and so far running well.
Jedi2020 last edited by
I appreciate the Vertical two-screen mode. However, it seems not very useful when you have a few cameras to view from Client. Right? In that case, will it be more useful to have picture in picture like screen mode where you have one small windown at the right bottom overlapping the big window (for example, small telephoto window overlapping the wide lens window)?
@reolink-fiona AutoUpdate on Windows client doesn't function at all. Even when you press update from within the About window, a pop up windows tells you that you have the most updated version.
@reolink-fiona Point 3 is partially true. It will lock the screen only after you press the padlock. But if you quit the application and re-run it you will have access to all the cameras. This is a 'must have' function on all clients.
@reolink-fiona I also notice that if there is a screen to show info, the button at the bottom shows 'confirm'. It would be cleaner to have OK as there is no action to perform.
@reolink-fiona When you are in camera configuration and click the surveillance menu so it expands. The SYSTEM appears at the end. Now if you click the SYSTEM menu, the menu will not scroll up but rather the adjacent bar. The MENU should scroll up to see the SYSTEM submenus.
user_585294179815536 last edited by Transcendence
Helas, under Windows 11 Pro on a new Dell XPS 8720 it does start up, but from the moment I add a camera (doesn't matter whether a 822A, an E1 Outdoor or an E1 Zoom), it shows only a completely gray window without any controls on it, even no close button. I have to cancel the thread to close the window.
The last time I tried, I was fast enough to click on the settings icon on the top right before the window grayed out. With the then gray window in the background, it showed me a dialog where I could disable the hardware decoding first setting (an intuition). With that setting off, the client indeed runs normally.
There could be a difference between Windows 10 and 11 in handling hardware decoding or something with the GPU (mobile NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060). Maybe it would be a good idea to set this setting off by default, so that the client can work normally under any condition, until this is resolv(able/ed).
@joseph-chircop_497308027822318 May I know which page? You can give me a screenshot.
@joseph-chircop_497308027822318 I confirm that it can scroll up to view the submenu. Can it be something wrong? You can restart the Client and try again.
@joseph-chircop_497308027822318 You can use the mouse to scroll down on this menu.
user_585294179815536 last edited by Transcendence
Sorry, it is a Dell XPS 9720 of course. I will do so.
@reolink-fiona Indeed the user can scroll up but dev team can easily implement a routine to scroll up the menu.
@joseph-chircop_497308027822318 On another note in the playback view, the duration of the recorded video and the progress view bar are missing. These are readily available on the Android version.
@joseph-chircop_497308027822318 Can you try to click here to view the thumbnail? Then you can see the duration of the video.
@reolink-fiona That's the timestamp when the recording started. Now check it out on the Android application and you will see the duration. Support informed.
EdBelgium last edited by
@joseph-chircop_497308027822318 Auto update client or camera firmware is not working for any camera as far as I know with any version (v7 v8) on mac/pc . You need to go check manually on the reolink support website.